What's new

Nikkor 60mm micro/macro lens

coreduo

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 4, 2009
Messages
329
Reaction score
0
ty1004.jpg
 
Increase your F/stop a bit. The focus is only on the middle portions of the 3 leading coins. Hard to tell what they are when half of the coin is blurry. Especially when the coins are foreign to you. :-P
 
Woot go canada. I think a close up on the dark, oxidized penny on the right would be more interesting.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #5
I lack the proper equipment to photograph it from above. What do you call that kind of tripod which is directly above the subject? My hands were a little bit trembling but I leaned on a chair and table. Would f/24 increase the depth of field? Just curious.
 
I lack the proper equipment to photograph it from above. What do you call that kind of tripod which is directly above the subject? My hands were a little bit trembling but I leaned on a chair and table. Would f/24 increase the depth of field? Just curious.

Yes. Yes it would. All of the coins would be in focus at that aperature.
 
F/3.5 is way too low. Try F/8 or F/5.6, that's also most likely the sharpness sweetspot too. You don't have to be above the subject either, stand it on a diagonal and look at it more straight on (although totally straight on makes a pretty boring look).
 
For macro work, I will try F/11 to F/16 to increase the depth of field. The optical performance of the lens may drop due to diffraction if aperture is set too low, such as F/24.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom