Nikon 14 - 24mm F/2.8 Filters

enezdez

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Need a little advice...

I know the mentioned lens does not take screw-type filters. But will take filters when utilizing something like the LeeSW150 Holder.

I have been searching for a clear UV/Nano Coat 150mm filter but it appears no one makes one.

However, I can custom order a clear filter (resin not glass) from Lee which will serve as a clear protective filter over the bulbous lens element.

And naturally I would be able to utilize the Lee holder with other filters so it's an investment lol

Is the clear filter albeit resin worth pursing/getting???

Thanks In Advance For Your Replies,

Enezdez

I would skip the UV / Clear. Just putting another piece of glass that can catch stray light in front. But they do make ND and graduated ND filters. And a circular polarizer which will only work so so on the ultra wide lens. But still nice to have some effect.

Lee makes the SW150 II with a compression type mounting ring specifically for the 14-24 f/2.8. The ring is seperate and is meant to stay on the lens after you assemble. But can take the SW150 off when not needed. The ring can be removed its just a trapped rubber like ring around your lens hood. Sandwiched between 2 metal rings that screw together that expands the rubber ring to tighten around your lens hootd. It will keep your lens cap from going on all the way while on. The filter holder has 2 slots.

I was just looking at it the other day.

I would skip the UV / Clear. Just putting another piece of glass that can catch stray light in front. But they do make ND and graduated ND filters. And a circular polarizer which will only work so so on the ultra wide lens. But still nice to have some effect.

Lee makes the SW150 II with a compression type mounting ring specifically for the 14-24 f/2.8. The ring is seperate and is meant to stay on the lens after you assemble. But can take the SW150 off when not needed. The ring can be removed its just a trapped rubber like ring around your lens hood. Sandwiched between 2 metal rings that screw together that expands the rubber ring to tighten around your lens hootd. It will keep your lens cap from going on all the way while on. The filter holder has 2 slots.

I was just looking at it the other day.

Thank you very much Ben for your prompt reply, appreciated!!!

Have A Nice Day!

Enezdez

Most reactions

Back