What's new

Nikon D3000 question

PJL

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
18
Location
Upstate NY
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently checked out the D3000 at Best Buy as I'm considering a new DSLR, and I noticed that the viewfinder was considerably blurry. I was looking at some objects probably about 20 feet away using both AF and MF modes, and the viewfinder was never remotely sharp. Is that just because I was checking out an abused floor model or is that the nature of the inexpensive DSLRs?
 
It's more likely that the viewfinder was just out of adjustment. There's a way to adjust the focus of the viewfinder, called the diopter adjustment. It should be a little slider or knob up right next to the viewfinder to tweak it.
 
Thanks :)
 
If the diopter doesn't fix the blurriness, someone could have finger smudged the viewfinder.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom