Nikon D300S Users - Please read....

Estimate at 49 shots? I think your card is just too small :lol:

I shoot with an 8GB card and it says around 350 when formatted (from memory, not exact). I've never filled the 8GB, but have filled up a 4GB and it was pretty accurate I guess.

No the card is not to small the camera is just not correct..

2gb = 2000mb

Based on a 4gb card per Nikon I should be able to shoot 151 NEF/RAW Uncompressed 14 Bit Images each at aprox. 25.4mb each

Cut that in Half 75.5 is the number still aprox.

Camera states when fully formated - 49 remaining.

Shoot 85-90 images with no changes and card is finally full

That sounds like a crap estimate to me...

As I said - this weekend I will take some time to really dig into the issue... I sure hope this is not just me as I would hate to have to return a brand new camera...or buy all new cards just to see a correct or at least close remaining number.

No offense, but it sounds like your splitting hairs. I just keep plenty of cards if I need them and keep an eye on the counter when I think it's getting low. It'll likely get more accurate when there are less shots available (i.e., 10-20 shots left), and then you can have a card ready to swap out. Memory is so cheap that keeping a few 4-8g cards is no longer very expensive at all.

What about video? Since the D300s is capable of video it may take that into consideration as well?

I don't know, just a thought.

Most reactions

Back