Nikon D3200 vs Canon T3i...which one should I get as my first DSLR???

stprodigy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am interested in taking up photography as a hobby and I'm looking to invest in a good entry level DSLR that can take fantastic pictures. I have done some research and I think I have narrowed it down to two choices, the Nikon D3200 and Canon T3i. I am stuck between them because both are in the same price range and take great pictures. However, the D3200 seems to have higher noise in the pictures taken by it than the T3i at the same ISO level, but yet the D3200 has better specs like a higher MP count, better bit depth and dynamic range. However the most important thing to me is final image quality. I will also upgrade to a better lens soon after getting the camera, which will probably result in better image quality. Does anyone with any experience the two cameras give me some suggestions? Thanks.

It has more noise specifically because it has more pixels. The photosite (pixel) density is higher, so there is more noise.

Decide what kind of photography interests you most (macro, landscape, portraiture, flash, etc) and that will help to decide which camera(s) will suit you best. There's not a lot of difference across the major brands, but depending on what you want to do, some of those differences can be important. For example, Nikons tend to be the choice for low light shooting because of their lower noise at higher ISO settings (the D3200 being the exception), so if that's what you want to shoot then a Nikon will probably suit you better.

Most reactions

Back