Nikon-Fuji

wannabe photographer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have Nikon D7000 with Tamron 17-50 2,8,Nikon 35mm 1,8 G Nikon 50mm 1,4D. Nikon SB910 speedlight.Street photography is my main style.I am thinking to sell all my gear and go to Fuji.So XT20 or XT2 or Xt3.I don't do videos just photos.Do you guys have advice.

If money is no object ... then the XT3. I know nothing of the XT20. I've been shooting Fuji since the XP1, XT1, X100 days. I presently shoot the XP2 and XT2 and will move up to the XT3. There is a significant improvement with a Back Illuminated sensor, the improved refresh rate to the EVF and improved AF accuracy for moving subjects.

Differences between the xt20 and the Xt2: 10 Main Differences Between the Fujifilm X-T2 and X-T20

No experience with the xt20. I love my Xt2- came from a Nikon 7100 that was just too weighty for me. A happy bonus was that the AF of the Xt2 has been a big step up, IMO. And I love the Fuji colors. Jpegs are usable sooc.

Used xt2s are really popping up everywhere. Not sure where you are located but if in the US check out the Fuji YSA Buy/Swap./Sell group on Facebook for excellent deals.

I’ll move up to the xt3 at some point soon. Waiting on the real world reviews and for the hype (and price) to die down.

The fuji jewel is in the glass and simplicity of it operation. If you want to have total control of your image, then buy the model that fits your execution of creating the image. As Gary said, the XT3 gives you the latest and most precise control .

Differences between the xt20 and the Xt2: 10 Main Differences Between the Fujifilm X-T2 and X-T20

No experience with the xt20. I love my Xt2- came from a Nikon 7100 that was just too weighty for me. A happy bonus was that the AF of the Xt2 has been a big step up, IMO. And I love the Fuji colors. Jpegs are usable sooc.

Used xt2s are really popping up everywhere. Not sure where you are located but if in the US check out the Fuji YSA Buy/Swap./Sell group on Facebook for excellent deals.

I’ll move up to the xt3 at some point soon. Waiting on the real world reviews and for the hype (and price) to die down.
It is being release at a surprisingly low price. I doubt if the price would drop quickly.

I’ve been a Nikon shooter for about a decade. I just sold my entire Nikon kit worth about $6500 and invested in all fuji kit.

I’ve had the X-T20 for ~6 months and it takes great photos but lacks some vital external controls. It’s a little clunky to use because of having to menu dive, so it could never be my main camera. I’m actually debating selling it and upgrading it to an X-T2 for my backup camera so that it has the same control layout as my main camera.

I have an X-T3 on pre order and it should be here early next week if all goes well. I’ll definitely be sharing my first impressions of it here when I get it, so if you’re patient you can wait for that to play out and I’ll let everyone know what I think of it compared to my X-T20 and my old D810.

You said that your main style is street photography. In my opinion fuji is the best street photography setup you can get right now (except maybe Leica, which is way more expensive). The compact and incredible lenses, specifically the f/2 prime series, are very well suited for discreet street photography.

It is being release at a surprisingly low price. I doubt if the price would drop quickly.

True. I bought the Xt2 new and it kills me to pay full price again so soon. And I don’t really have any needs that the Xt2 isn’t meeting. I will wait even though it may be quite a while before any hit the used market. There will always be people who jumped to Fuji and will jump ship again at the next big thing.

I suggest taking the model change-0ver savings on a new X-T2 and put it toward the killer Fujicron 23-35-50 f2 lenses. I’m very partial toward the X100T/F for street shooting.Just got the marvellously oddball Ricoh GR II as an ultralight and compact street shooter alternative.

I see no issue with the OP.

For street though I'd recomment to go X-Pro2 though and fetch the "Fujicrons", i.e. the 23/2 and 50/2 (the 35/2 is another lens like that). The "Fujicrons" dont block the OVF of the X-Pro2 much, so one has some sort of a rangefinder style OVF, i.e. out can see whats happening outside the photo frame.

Short of actually going Leica, I would see this as the ideal choice for digital street photography.

Optically the OP should definitely see an increase in IQ. Fujifilm lenses are expensive, but on average they are substantly above the level of Nikon or Canon.

Hi, I've sold my nikon d610 and lenses 6 months ago and bought the fuji x-t20.
I'm happy with my switch overall, although have found some unexpected issues with the x-t20.
Sometimes when I focus the EVF flickers. Recently I could not playback the photos I've just taken, solved this by formating the card. And sometimes the wireless app stops working abruptly and the camera doesn't go back to shooting mode, have to restart the camera...
It's annoiyng mostly because I was used to nikon's flawless equipments, but I love the weightless, the flip screen, the autofocus accuracy, the compact size, the image quality...maybe I will invest in a xt3 in the future, but for now i'll wait for a firmware update to see if it solves some of thesse issues.

As a previous owner of the Nikon D600 and a current owner of the Nikon D750, I cant agree on the "flawless" part too much.

I'm happy with my switch overall, although have found some unexpected issues with the x-t20.
Sometimes when I focus the EVF flickers. Recently I could not playback the photos I've just taken, solved this by formating the card. And sometimes the wireless app stops working abruptly and the camera doesn't go back to shooting mode, have to restart the camera...
It's annoiyng mostly because I was used to nikon's flawless equipments, but I love the weightless, the flip screen, the autofocus accuracy, the compact size, the image quality...maybe I will invest in a xt3 in the future, but for now i'll wait for a firmware update to see if it solves some of thesse issues.
Sorry about your problems with the XT20. I've own/owned:

XP1 (1)
XE1 (1)
XT1 (2)
XP2 (1)
XT2 (1)

All have worked, (some for years), without an issues whatsoever.

Sorry about your problems with the XT20. I've own/owned:

XP1 (1)
XE1 (1)
XT1 (2)
XP2 (1)
XT2 (1)

All have worked, (some for years), without an issues whatsoever.

Thanks Gary, maybe this issues are all causes of a bad sd card. I'm about to by a sandisk extreme pro and hopefully everything would go back to normal ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back