Nikon lenses

ndancona

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a friend who's just starting out in photography On a whim she went and bought a nikon D610 without asking for advice. She has come to me to help her get a lens.
I am a Canon user and know nothing to do with Nikon. What do you think is a good mid range zoom to pair with this body? She is on a budget and she wants something for shooting landscape.
I own a Canon 24-105mm F4 L lens which I find to be a great all rounder. For similarities sake I have come across the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm F4 G ED VR and I also found a good deal on a Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM / DG HSM | Art.
Before I make any suggestions I would like to hear some opinions.
Looking forward to your replies.

Expressive

A refurbished 24-120/4 (this is the last version of the 24-120 which is constant f/4) would be my choice. But it is not a small light lens.

you might consider the 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR. Small, cheap, VR, nice images.

you might consider the 24-85 3.5-4.5 VR. Small, cheap, VR, nice images.

Yes, I agree; this lens was "kitted" with many D600 and D610 cameras, and is a lens Nikon itself seemed to think was a good all-around zoom lens for full-frame,modern-era Nikon cameras. A lens of this size and weight will make the D610 balance well, and will not make the camera a pain in the neck to carry.

Here is the current Nikon, USA page listing for the 24-85 AF-S VR lens. AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR

This lens weighs 16.4 ounces, which is 465 grams. It is 3.1 inches by 3.2 inches. In addition to Vibration Reduction, it has internal focusing, ED glass, and aspherical element design.

Thanks guys. I agree my friend would prefer something lighter to carry around like the 24-85mm.
Thanks for the help.

As said the 24-85 is nice and tidy. I went for the 24-120 Nikon f4 for the range and am very impressed

Thats basically a nobrainer

AF-S 24-85mm f3.5-4.5 VR

Most reactions

New Topics

Back