Nikon Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8 VR I

brianhuangbh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys. Selling a rarely used 70-200. I bought it a while ago, but I rarely need anything above ~85mm, so I was looking into selling this lens.

This lens was barely used and it shows. There are no scratches at all on the body of the lens. There is a small crack on the corner of the distance scale, from me being stupid and putting a battery in the pouch with the lens, but I imagine that's a cheap part to replace. Glass is pristine. No scratches at all. No dust at all, not even that occasional speck you seem to find in every lens. Looks brand new.

There is a small defect with this lens, however. The focus is a little sticky if you try to focus closer than 5ft/2.5m (the closest focusing distance). I have no idea how this happened. The lens was never dropped, banged, hit, etc. I usually just turn on the AF limit to 8ft/2.5m to avoid that. You can still focus closer than that, but may have to manually turn the focus ring a bit. It's not a huge deal, but definitely should be pointed out. The AF motor itself sounds like new. No squeaks or any signs of it failing. All other functions are perfect. Zoom and focus rings are as smooth.

I'm willing to let it go for $1300, considering the defects noted above. I am open to trades, let me know what you guys have.

$DSC_1201.jpg$DSC_1203.jpg$DSC_1204.jpg$DSC_1231.jpg$DSC_1241.jpg

Bump!

Last edited:
Bump! Open to trades!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back