What's new

Nikon Senai D3, D700, pro lens assembly plant

Joined
Apr 9, 2009
Messages
41,401
Reaction score
5,706
Location
Iowa
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Anyone interested in where exactly in Sendai the Nikon plant is, can use
Google Earth and enter the plant address in Search > Fly To:

277, Aza-hara, Tako, Natori, Miyagi

and it will take you to exactly where the plant is in relation to the coast (9 km away), pre-tsunami.

The town the plant is actually closest to, Natori, had no one left alive to rescue according to this news story:

World Blog - Rescuers, but no one left to rescue in Natori
 
Last edited:
I don't think they are going to be shipping anything out of there any time soon.
 
KmH D3s will be harder to find. Nikon UK has got stock pile of D700 and D300s, its been running rebates for a while. I would imagine that current production relates to new models.
 
I'm going to be buying a 35 f/1.4 possibly in a few days, if not a couple weeks, i'm a little concerned about available stock, but more concerned about what's going to be happening for the future of Japan. I've heard that possibly there's going to be another quake or two.
 
I'm going to be buying a 35 f/1.4 possibly in a few days, if not a couple weeks, i'm a little concerned about available stock, but more concerned about what's going to be happening for the future of Japan. I've heard that possibly there's going to be another quake or two.
I tried to find which lenses were made in Sendai plant but could not. They also had a lens plant further south of Sendai that is closer to the bad nuke plant. Again not sure what it produces.


I think they could handle another quake. My biggest worry for them is the nuke plant. 3 reactors in trouble, 1 of which is in deep trouble. Having the nuke plant problem it keeps them from searching for people, clean up, and rebuilding. Japan was so short of buildable land that losing a large area of land will be another hardship. Then if they do get all the problems settled. You already had a rickity economy before the disaster. Obviously many nations will help Japan in many ways. But the people in mid-northern Japan are in for some hardships. I truely feel for them.
 
I'm all set gear wise, so my main concern is for Japan as a whole, not just Nikon.

Geologists call Tokyo "the city waiting to die." Tokyo sits at a confluence of 3 active faults that are all way over due for a big earthquake. Tokyo has a population of about 8,000,000 people.

Japan sits on top of where the Pacific tectonic plate slides down under the Eurasian tectonic plate, and they have earthquakes every day.
 
When the news reported that geologists said the main island moved 8 feet east. I thought it was amazing they didn't have more damage. Their building code works very well for earthquakes. But everything down by the coast is left wide open for the water to bash them. They are so pinned in, not sure what they could do.
 
Wow this is horrible, I could actually care less about the nikon factory as much as I wanting to order some lenses. Just looking at the destruction of that town..
 
KmH D3s will be harder to find. Nikon UK has got stock pile of D700 and D300s, its been running rebates for a while. I would imagine that current production relates to new models.


You said the other day there would not be a problem
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom