Nikon Warranty: USA vs. Imported

Wolverinepwnes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I've decided to take the dive and get a 1.7x teleconverter for my 70-200. I know the whole deal with the lack of manufactures warranty with imported stuff on adorama and bhphoto. Normally when buying a lens with VR or what not I would get the USA version just in case something went wrong with the lens, so my question is considering the fact that its just a teleconverter would it be a risk to get the imported version, i can't imagine a whole going wrong with a teleconverter!?? any thoughts

How much is the savings? I know with the Canon's imports vs US on B&H, the price is so close that I've never even been tempted to buy the imported version.

there is a $70 difference.

If 70 dollars is a lot of money to you, then it may perhaps be worth it. After all, if there is something wrong with it initially they should replace it (the store). But once you have a good one in your hands, there is very little to ever go wrong with it. I wouldn't have a problem doing it if saving 70 bucks is important.

If you need it repaired at some point, warranty or not, Nikon USA service won't touch it. There are independent repair facilities in the US though.

It depends because if something did happen they won't work on it. 99.99% of the time something would probably never happen to it but there is still that little chance that something could and if so you would be in a bad place. So it's up to you if you want to pay that extra 70 of basically having the assurance of a Nikon warranty.
TJ

yeah i'm gonna stick to the US version! not worth the stress!!!

Keep in mind that the vendor (B&H, Adorama, et al.) warranties it too. If there is a problem, they will replace it. That said, I always buy the US one though...just in case.

I have all my camera equipment insured under my renter's insurance. So if any of the items I have listed are lost, stolen, or damaged, I get a brand new replacement. I can't bother with sending my camera or lens in and waiting and waiting and waiting. It's like $30 for the whole year. I go straight to my agent when I leave the store or I won't even take anything out the box until I have it insured. All you need is the receipt for the item you want insured and you're covered.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back