Nikon Z9 Z85:1.2 combination for shooting portraiture

ndwgolf

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
neilsphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just want to show how good the combination of the Nikon Z9 coupled with the Z85:1.2 is for shooting outside portraiture.
Below are three identical pictures of my girlfriend Fon. The first is RAW straight out of camera the last two are my quick edits in photoshop one in colour and the other (my preference) in Black & White.
Ive used this Camera/lens combination for just over a year now and it just blows me away every time I use it
The picture below was shot at 1/800 f1.2 ISO 64……which one do you prefer colour or B&W?
NDW_4786RAW.jpg
NDW_4786BW.jpg
NDW_4786.jpg

I personally prefer the color. This is beautiful work and I'm glad you shared it. I agree that the rendering from that lens is very nice, and you used it well.

Last edited:
I like both, but I am leaning towards the color.

I'll go with the third photo (color). While I like the black and white, the top/corset ends up being very contrasty in B&W and drawing the eyes rather than focusing on her face and lovely smile.

Colour for me also, shows off the subject and skin tones better IMO. Nice shots.

I'm cool...........there are people like that on every platform. easy to ignore :icon_biggrin:
I was a little concerned. I've experienced similarly unkind comments from that specific member, and seeing that you stopped posting completely and he went on like nothing happened at all just rubbed me the wrong way. Glad to see you didn't leave altogether.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back