GTRevent03-38-sur-626-Modifier.jpg

P1000543-Modifier.jpg

DSC_0286-Modifier.jpg

DSC_0472-Modifier.jpg

GTRevent-10-27-11-sur-350-Modifier.jpg

GTRevent02-132-sur-641-Modifier.jpg

pekka_heikkinen-02.jpg

torsten_kuhlmann.jpg

Man I wish I lived in Germany right now. These pictures do great justice for a great car. That last photo can go in an auto mag asap I think. Congrats!

like number 1 theres a Bimmer sign in the backround :) but on a more serious note great shots.

I want to know the story behind these. Were you part of the academy or what? Do you get to drive them out on the track? I'm a big GTR fan, R34.

Hello, thanks for the comments.

as for the story, well, I often go around the nurburgring to take pictures, and I got the opportunity to go with nissan to shoot their "race academy", I was only there to take pictures and I didn't get to drive the car (I'm not a big fan of the R35 anyway, R32 or older ones are my favorites), but I got full access to the nurburgring GP circuit, I got to see all the cars around (prototypes, Classic GT's, Supercars etc...) and had a chance to chat with very nice people.

Hello, thanks for the comments.

as for the story, well, I often go around the nurburgring to take pictures, and I got the opportunity to go with nissan to shoot their "race academy", I was only there to take pictures and I didn't get to drive the car (I'm not a big fan of the R35 anyway, R32 or older ones are my favorites), but I got full access to the nurburgring GP circuit, I got to see all the cars around (prototypes, Classic GT's, Supercars etc...) and had a chance to chat with very nice people.

You lucky dog...

Great captures! I want that car! To bad its so diffacult to get the older GTR legal in the US, maybe the GTR 35 price will come down in a few years.

Wow, thats amazing!

I don't understand how you guys get photos like these...they just look - unreal!

Wow, thats amazing!

I don't understand how you guys get photos like these...they just look - unreal!

thanks, to be honest

• luck, most of the time
  • right place, right time
  • loads of shots to get a few ones out (thanks to digital camera on this one), with time it's easier to get more nice shots overall

but most of the time it's luck. I mean I spent several days there, all day long, I just HAD to come up with something.

I was in competition with very talented photographers and I honnestly believe that I'm far from their skill, so I had to be better than my best so the guys would not regret their choice.

I learned alot during these sessions, working under heavy pressure, little room for mistake.

But to be honest, I might have had maybe 10k+ pictures to get these out of. (had to take several pictures of people while they were driving the cars) I have some more, but in the end, that's maybe a 1% successfully, genuinely nice picture rate.

With such an opportunity, I'm pretty sure any decent photographer would have done at least the same, if not better.

then, the post processing is abit of my trademark.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back