No newborns around....so I had to improvise!

Rosy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Getting ready to do my friend a favor and take pictures of her 3 month old next week-end. MOLLY the cow just had to do!!
Need your expert eyes on this - IF YOU WERE MOMMA COW, which would you pick

#1 this is where I started - lighting only on camera right with a reflector.
Noticed shadows and difference in background color

DSC_8804 copy by casualapproach, on Flickr

#2 - tried using the same color, not to sure of the outcome. Brought in 2 light to camera left

DSC_8813 copy by casualapproach, on Flickr

#3 - tried different colors. Brought in 2 light to camera left - still not liking the gray colored background (which is a white back-drop)

DSC_8796 copy by casualapproach, on Flickr

#4 - Stronger light camera right, fill from camera left - AND lighting the background

DSC_8881 copy by casualapproach, on Flickr

Last edited:
That is the cultist baby cow I have ever seen.

Your model however had the exact same expression in every photo.

I commend you on coming up with a way to practice photographing a baby. I hope the real one cooperates as well as the stuffed animal.

I think I'd reverse your key and fills. I like the solid background. Mollly is a little hard to tell on, but your lighting seems good to a little flat-exactly what you usually want with a baby.
Love her tutu's.
Have you ever seen the Tutu Project?

thanks MLee, saw you recent posts and was hoping you'de give me your opinion. I'll reverse the lighting
Solid background - #4 or #2
Have not seen the Tutu project...

get a stuffed animal and start shooting...I'd send you Molly, but Buddy, the Westie (my doggy) thinks she is his girlfriend. Odd - but True!!

More distance between subject and background.

Most reactions

Back