No Parking Any Time

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$9642424933_aec678bcab_o.jpg

Would be a much more interesting picture if there were a car parked in front of the sign. You could even stage this.

I am one step ahead of you (great minds think alike), but not a car, only the shadow of my pickup...I was going to do it but it started raining again before I could get back to the shot.

I like the idea. I will keep an eye out for it.

If this were grittier and grungier looking it would be much stronger. I've shot similar stuff with those effects and the texture pops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If this were grittier and grungier looking it would be much stronger. I've shot similar stuff with those effects and the texture pops.

I did this version first but thought it was too gritty/grungy. :D

$9639553533_31530892b7_o.jpg

I think I kind of prefer the gritty on everything but the door, have you thought of mixing the gritty into the stucco wall a bit? It could really accent those cracks and flakes.

Also, anybody else noticing the thumbnails looking different from the actual shots?

I prefer the original, warmer light picture. This image looks better seen bigger. Shots like this really need to be SEEN. The beauty is in the details in this shot, and in the way the light modulates the stucco wall, and the door's various panels. I like these types of formally balanced street scenes, even though they are sort of shallow in some ways, I still like looking at them. But then, that's sort of why Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton and the entire cast of Jersey Shore have gained such fame...shallow, trivial, and yet...people watch.

I guess in a way, I view these types of formal, almost static street and alley and wall shots, as a way to experience a different form of REALITY, a way to see and experience parts of the world that I will never seen with my own eyes. And that is why, for me, these types of photos need to be SEEN, and seen BIG, and clearly. They are not evocative or serious enough to be representational of human interactions, not "serious" enough to be elevated as high-concept photos, but are instead sort of like substitute or stand-in "experiences" of simple, everyday reality. And I think that's why, for me, the grunge effect does not work--it's too contrived after having seen the original lighting and first shot.

I only posted it to show it killed the shot rather than enhancing it...but we all have our preferences. I am posting one more from this series but am going back for some shots later this afternoon if the sun makes it out.

All the shots in this series were made within 100 feet of one another. It's a good exercise in helping one find the shot instead of it finding him/her.

$9649818454_9f5b2279c2_o.jpg

Last edited:
I like the gritty version much better. I would work on the door and brighten it up or make it a more intense color to accent the photo

Most reactions

Back