No sense of humour

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has a right to be bitter about what the proliferation of Amateur-PROS (Amateur-PRO.. OMG, what a stupid concept!) has done to photography, it is Imagemaker. He has done it (professional photography) his whole life, as did his father! I don't care what anyone says, it HAS had a negative effect on perceived acceptable quality, income, and overall perception of "professional photography"! But then, many of those here that are advocates of the NEW professionals, are basically that... NEW professionals!

And even the OLD professionals were (*gasp!*) NEW professionals at one time. He11, they were even NOOBS at some point.

How do people not understand obvious sarcasm?

I discovered years ago that sarcasm almost never works on the internet. I think it has something to with the fact that the sarcastic remark is not accompanied by facial expression.

personally, I will be very sad to see you go Imagemaker. I really enjoy your work, and you bring a level of professional insight for aspiring photographers (especially sports photographers) that very few are able to match. Little nitpics aside, it would be a shame for the forum to lose a photographer of your caliber. i hope you will shoot me a PM letting me know where you will be hanging out.

Come on, you can do better.
8.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Noob. I'd suggest you are a bit new to get all arrogant with a long term member. Mind yourself.

If anyone has a right to be bitter about what the proliferation of Amateur-PROS (Amateur-PRO.. OMG, what a stupid concept!) has done to photography, it is Imagemaker. He has done it (professional photography) his whole life, as did his father! I don't care what anyone says, it HAS had a negative effect on perceived acceptable quality, income, and overall perception of "professional photography"! But then, many of those here that are advocates of the NEW professionals, are basically that... NEW professionals!

He can be bitter all he wants. But that personal bitterness does NOT carry with it the right to bash or attack people of lesser skill. Times change. Buggy whip makers were once highly-payed, skilled workers. Ferriers and livery stables once had ample economic growth potential. Saddle and tack manufacturers once supplied millions of saddles and tack sets for carriages and buggies every year. And then--the automobile destroyed those industries.

Yes, he has a right to be bitter. But suggesting that people of lesser skill be, "eliminated from the gene pool," as he wrote, is uncalled for.

Designer, Derrel and several others here have it right. :)

Imagemaker, as I said in reply to the PM you sent me attacking my lack of humor, you don't know me, and I don't know you. If I may, I would suggest that if you want to make your "humor" unmistakable to an online community, you pepper your post with the available smilies so your intent can be clear. Perhaps we really are on the same page on this issue you ranted about, but you sure gave the opposite impression. Did you notice the number of Likes my comment to you received - after hours of sitting there with lots of reads but no responses,as Derrel pointed out? No one knew what to make of it. It seems your post struck a few nerves. ;-)

Just something to think about, should you stay here or move on to another forum. Smilies were invented for a reason, as straight text can so often be misinterpreted. You led off with this: When someone asks a stupid question that is going to generate responses that will offend the op. Just lock the thread right after the question.

Sorry, but that did in fact not make me chuckle.

By the way, this is considered a "flounce post" and is in violation of TPF guidelines:

* We hope you will always enjoy The Photo Forum, but should you wish to leave, please do so quietly – lengthy departure threads are discouraged, and may be removed. In addition, we do not delete or hide member accounts, so please know your posts will remain indefinitely even if you are no longer active.

Wow, I'm really being relentless here, even mentioning that, aren't I? :lol:

Best of luck in your future endeavors!

I guess I'm the only one who found humor in that thread. There were a couple examples I had not seen before.

Come on- you didn't chuckle at the Canon lens on Nikon body while reading the Sony manual? Pure gold.

I'm sorry, but the forums here and the members of the forum are not the place to air ones grievances with the human race. It is also unfair and, honestly, rude to treat every "new photographer/pro" who joins this forum as a personal focus for bottled up rage/aggression/frustration/anger at the "state of the market today".

It's that attitude that drives many of those new to the community here away and honestly does it encourage them to become better photographers or to listen to their peers? Nope it just says that there are grouchy people who are unwelcoming to them and that they might as well go listen to others.

If you want to change peoples views - if you want to encourage them to become better at their skill before taking on a job - if you want them to further their quality work and really become a photographer then you've got to learn to welcome them to the community first.

being reprimanded on an internet forum is such a first world problem.

By the way, this is considered a "flounce post" and is in violation of TPF guidelines:
That is odd. Seems kinda like the equivalent of making suicide illegal.

And how does complaining on an online forum help?

That is odd. Seems kinda like the equivalent of making suicide illegal.

its just so there is no big surprise if/when a flounce thread gets locked or trashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back