Nooby YouTube Teaching Vids

FattyMcJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all,

I did a quick search and didn't find anything like this in the Beginners' Forum so I thought I'd share what I'd found; and now what others have found for us "Visual Learner" types.

Excellent Instructional Seminar and other tutorials by David Morris
*Just a quick note, it starts out quite lame...but give it a minute.

From "MasterPhotoWorkshops" :
A plug for DVD sales and other YouTube freebies for us visual learners

From "LearnMyShot" :
Another excellent video tutorial site!

From "chammer" :
Belgian professional photographer Bert Stephani; KILLER stuff!
*Tip on this one, turn the sound up a bit, he's REALLY soft spoken.
YouTube - ppsop2009's Channel - Bryan Peterson who authors the famously recommended book "Understanding Exposure".
YouTube - markhyo's Channel - Mark Warren has a couple really nice beginning Strobist type videos again for those who are just starting to play with off camera lighting.
YouTube - marloon88's Channel - This guy has a nice getting started video for Strobist, and from the looks of his new video is going to start doing weekly video blogs with tutorials on Strobists and tips, do it yourself projects, and product reviews. I liked his Strobist getting started video but I'm not sure how the others will be yet. Will keep an eye out though.

From "tissa" :
FontanaKnowledge's Channel on YouTube
*He's a bit goofy, but it's all good stuff for visual learners!

I'll update this first post for new people finding this thread so it's easier and more concise, PLEASE keep posting your VIDEO tutorial suggestions!

If it helps one other person, besides myself, then this post will have been worth it to me :mrgreen:

Happy Shooting!

-Jason

Last edited:
i posted a comment, don't know what happened to the reply; anyway, i checked out the site and ended up buying the postprocessing bundle.

i look forwarded to viewing them in greater detail.

ann

good stuff. the set i've been watching more and more of lately (over and over again because they're that good) is the confessions of a photographer...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqMI72jsXRQ]YouTube - Confessions of a Photographer - episode 01[/ame]

the guy is brilliant, and for those starting out with strobist type setups they should be a big help on how to achieve some nice lighting moods and even some general ideas for their own shoots.

i think there's 7 or 8 in the series so far, but he's also linked to another set of videos which you can see entire photo shoots.

*edit*
almost forgot, if you watch none of the others definitely watch video 4. what he does for the last shot with the strobe is awesome. 'the bounce squad' video of his is top notch as well.

Last edited:
This thread is turning out to be a pretty good visual learning tool! Thanks for posting guys :)

Posting so I can refer to this thread when I have more time.
Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the useful resources guys.

This is taking off! I love it! I personally have watched all of the available information and learned a TON!

I'll go ahead and update the OP so that new ppl finding this thread can find all the useful information in one easy post, of course giving credit to the member for the suggestion. :thumbup:

Maybe if we get enough VIDEO tutorials and such, it can be a sticky for visual learners such as myself :)

wasnt sure how this was going to go, but seeing it now i have two more that i watch frequently, and another that i found a while back:

YouTube - ppsop2009's Channel - bryan peterson who authors the famously recommended book understanding exposure.

YouTube - markhyo's Channel - mark warren has a couple really nice beginning strobist type videos again for those who are just starting to play with off camera lighting.

YouTube - marloon88's Channel - this guy has a nice getting started video for strobist, and from the looks of his new video is going to start doing weekly video blogs with tutorials on strobists and tips, do it yourself projects, and product reviews. i liked his strobist getting started video but im not sure how the others will be yet. will keep an eye out though.

wasnt sure how this was going to go, but seeing it now i have two more that i watch frequently, and another that i found a while back:

Sweet! Thank you and added to OP! :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back