Northern light

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sounds like tonight is going to be a good night to view northern lights. Anyone north of Boston should have a good view.

Thanks for the reminder.

Been checking... Nada so far. The various auroral web sites are showing only low activity, and that is high up (ie, much more to the north...) I'm at 45North, and seeing nothing.

I think early morning is the best time.

was out all night last night pretty far north in NH, nada. Same thing tonight but came in early cause it seemed like nothing would happen. A lot of hype but looks like it wasn't nearly as strong as they had thought

was out all night last night pretty far north in NH, nada. Same thing tonight but came in early cause it seemed like nothing would happen. A lot of hype but looks like it wasn't nearly as strong as they had thought

Had the same experience. Disappointed.

I was watching for the aurora on several different web-sites which monitor the activity, and unless you were north of the 60th parallel, you weren't going to see anything. So after a while, I went to watch the auroras in my dreams. THERE they were quite amazing.

I'd love to witness this phenomena before I kick the bucket.

Well someone can delete this

(delete)...(delete)...(delete)..

It's not working I can still see you.

The talking heads say that we should be able to see it in Iowa, despite the fact that we're only about 46 degrees north. I've seen it before in Iowa, long time ago, but it seems that every time something happens in the sky we're overcast. Overcast today again.

$blah.jpg

I had some aurora show up in one of my frames. I hope this doesn't look too enhanced

Well Right now, we are at a minimum of solar activity. In about 3 or 4 years, there should be lots of sun spots and a good chance of seeing the auroras.

Most reactions

Back