Nostalgia

NikonLady52

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
usera.imagecave.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This series of photos are personal to me as I used to work in this building 20 yrs ago selling furniture..The building has been through several fires and still remains an Historic Site. It's a multi-building mill complex that has stood the test of time. Situated next to the Pawtuxet River, Pontiac Mills houses dozens of antique shops and local artisans. The dominant point of the complex is the mill tower, dedicated by Abraham Lincoln in 1863.

Originally owned by the B.B. & R. Knight Company and operated as a textile mill, Pontiac Mills served as home to the Fruit of the Loom Co. The world-famous Fruit of the Loom logo came about when Robert Knight, one of the mill's owners, wanted an easily-recognizable symbol for those who couldn¹t read. The construction going on is a hotel is being added on to open in the Summer 2008 (NYlO).
The following images are in colour and B/W conversion:
1)
PontiacMillscopy.jpg

OldBuilding1.jpg

3)
DyingHistory2.jpg

4)
DyingHistory3.jpg

5)
DyingHistory4.jpg

6)
OldBuilding2.jpg

7)
DyingHistory1.jpg

8)
DyingHistory3B-W.jpg

Nice series, but why on earth would they deface a historic site like that with a new hotel??

That portion of the building was demolished in a fire except for the brick work and from what I understand they will be keeping the exterior walls to look consistent with the rest of the Mills.. I will be following the progress.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back