What's new

Not Goldfinches

Joined
Jul 18, 2015
Messages
4,157
Reaction score
6,043
Location
NV
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
goldfinches-1-3.webp


goldfinches-1.webp


goldfinches-1-4.webp
 
Completely different from our goldfinches. Good detail.
 
I like the 2nd one, kinda like "We're not speaking!".
But they look like purple finches to me. Or at least that is what the purple finches here (upstate NY) look like.Our goldfinches are yellow and the males are very vivid. Like this one:

_0003439 - Copy.webp
 
Awesome images, all of them. The compositions and lighting are great. I particularly like composition and framing in the last one. The flower pot, the finch and the negative space all balance perfectly.
 
Thanks for catching the missed ID. Based on the informative link, I'm pretty sure they're house finches.

That's a wonderful complement @PJM thanks very much.
 
I like them all with the second as my favorite. I like how they are looking away from each other and the branch makes an inverted V between them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom