Not on my watch

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
While I was out yesterday - the only decent weather we have had in the UK for over a month - managed a half decent shot of an Egret coming towards me- they usually don't :)

Sony a9 + Sony 200-600mm G lens + 1.4 x teleconverter

f9 - 1/1600th sec ISO 800

QZ1Ryt0.jpg

I spotted something a little later on - which did not make me happy at all, as the land I was on is private with no public access ( apart from myself as I have gained permission to photograph birds etc on this land) and know the owner very well ) :)

Here-
wIP0Htw.jpg

Obviously the land owner was not impressed when I called him and the person involved was quickly moved on- spoiled my day too as all the birds took to the wing and left the area - and I had to move some 15 miles away to continue my day

Les :)

Good shot of the egret, glad you had a sunny day, too many grey days can be a little depressing.
As far as the 2nd shot goes it's my personal opinion that shot would've been better taken with #5 or #6 steel. 🤠

That's a wonderful shot of the Egret, a rare perspective for sure! I'm not a fan of those little drones, but unfortunately there is little we can do here if they are over 400 ft. I'm of the same sentiment as Kirk, "Pull! Woops! Missed that clay pigeon, and accidentally got that plastic one..."

Good shot of the egret, glad you had a sunny day, too many grey days can be a little depressing.
As far as the 2nd shot goes it's my personal opinion that shot would've been better taken with #5 or #6 steel. 🤠
Agreed - next sunny day forecast is next Tuesday, so I'll be out again then hopefully

Hmm........................ I did not have my shotgun with me Kirk and the drone way way too high for a 12 gauge - Here it is illegal to fly drones over Nature Reserves and private land without express written permission :(
That's a wonderful shot of the Egret, a rare perspective for sure! I'm not a fan of those little drones, but unfortunately there is little we can do here if they are over 400 ft. I'm of the same sentiment as Kirk, "Pull! Woops! Missed that clay pigeon, and accidentally got that plastic one..."
Thank you Jeff as said too high fior a shotgun the Drone NOT the Egret :)

Les

Nice egret shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back