Not quite what I expected!

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did receive a phone call from an acquaintance of mine yesterday late afternoon, telling me a Rare birds was around an area I have access too

He said he had seen an Osprey on my patch, I set off at 6am this morning to track down this illusive bird- Sadly he got it wrong, all I found was a Common Buzzard - so I grabbed a shot or 3 a came home and had breakfast :) He refused to land anywhere except this old fence, not an ideal perch so far as photography is concerned, but we take what we have hey guys???

3zQ5o0k.jpg

Disappointing morning cold and grey and a tad windy

Les :)

I did receive a phone call from an acquaintance of mine yesterday late afternoon, telling me a Rare birds was around an area I have access too

He said he had seen an Osprey on my patch, I set off at 6am this morning to track down this illusive bird- Sadly he got it wrong, all I found was a Common Buzzard - so I grabbed a shot or 3 a came home and had breakfast :) He refused to land anywhere except this old fence, not an ideal perch so far as photography is concerned, but we take what we have hey guys???

3zQ5o0k.jpg

Disappointing morning cold and grey and a tad windy

Les :)
Still a nice shot.

The way I see it, if it's ok to blow out a sky to get the exposure corrected on a subject and people can ignore that then something like this isn't so bad. It's a good shot.
Side note: your vultures look way better than our turkey or black vultures. Yours resemble hawks and that's very cool I think.

Still a nice shot.
Thank you- comments appreciated :)
The way I see it, if it's ok to blow out a sky to get the exposure corrected on a subject and people can ignore that then something like this isn't so bad. It's a good shot.
Side note: your vultures look way better than our turkey or black vultures. Yours resemble hawks and that's very cool I think.
Oh I agree 100% I have a few hundred images of birds in flight with a blown sky - yet a perfectly exposed bird :)

Its a Bird of Prey ( Raptor) not a Vulture buddy

It's a nice shot! I'm guessing the buzzard isn't an electrical conductor, sitting on that wire like that.
Thank you :) Its an old fence and no longer connected to any electrical circuits Jeff :)

Les

Most reactions

Back