Not to everyones taste

flyingseale

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Out walking on Friday there was very little to shoot because it was so dull, but the sky was very dramatic for a while. The first shot is straight from the camera as shot, correctly exposed. The next two shots are HDR's using -2, 0, +2. The last two are the HDR's converted to mono with the contrast bumped up a bit. The clouds were 'bubbling' like they do before a storm, so I was interested to see how they came out. Tell me what you think? Was it worth HDR and mono, or was the original just as good?

Mike

DSC_0041-Edit-800.jpg

DSC_0041_2_3_tonemapped-800.jpg

DSC_0044_5_6_tonemapped-800.jpg

DSC_0041_2_3_mono-800.jpg

DSC_0044_5_6_mono-800.jpg

Wow i think that your HDR's are awesome. And i don't even like the "ultra unreal" type. But i think that in this case it really worked to show to texture int he clouds. Did you use photomatix to put this together?

I really like # 2 but how did you get the people in the bottom right to defy gravity :mrgreen:

I really like # 2 but how did you get the people in the bottom right to defy gravity :mrgreen:
Looks like it's blowing a gale:D What impressed me is that these people were walking in the shot yet photomatix has created just one quite clear image of them from the three shots taken 1-second apart.
Sigma 10-20 @10mm made the poeple lean, BTW.
Mike

Besutiful HDRs, though I think I would like the green less saturated.

Dani

To my taste! :thumbup:

#3 my favourite and also #2 is great. Incredible clouds texture.

I love all of these. #3 would have to be my favorite. Mostly because of the little bit of blue sky in the bottom right. On of my favorite things about wide angles is being able to get some intense clouds while getting some calm blue sky at the same time.

BTW, I also have the sigma 10-20 and love it as well.

Most reactions

Back