What's new

Not to expensive for this photo!

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Feb 4, 2011
Messages
5,715
Reaction score
1,554
Location
Cork Ireland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, maybe people will add to this to keep it going. How about posting some shots with less expensive lenses. As a rule of thumb say the lens you use should be cheaper than your camera brands most entry level DSLR. Nobody of course will be checking but you get the idea. I would also suggest that c+c welcome but every post should contain a photo, so if you critic you also add to the thread with images.keep it fun. We can see how it goes, I will start.
Both with canon ef-s 55-250


Go on kiss me by jaomul, on Flickr


Good reg Aircraft by jaomul, on Flickr
 
Last edited:
Cute idea.

This was taken with a Nikkor 28-100 3.5/5.6. I think it costs about $100... or did when they still made it. :)

Boston Night - 20080611 - Trinity Church - 007.jpg
 
i will add two more, hopefully others will throw some in to keep it going
both canon ef85mm F/1.8

look at the boat by jaomul, on Flickr


buzz by jaomul, on Flickr
 
I'm new to this forum, but wouldn't the right place for this be in the photo themes section?
 
does it rreeeallllyyyy matter?
 
I like this idea! When I first got my 350D (first DSLR I ever had) I browsed DxOMark for hours searching for those hot expensive lenses, and completely ignored the lens that came with my 350D. Realizing im a teenager and cant afford fancy L lenses, and some takumar lenses even being out of my reach, I started using the kit lens, and I am more then pleased with the results!

All these shots were taken with the canon 18-55mm IS, which was about $100 when I bought it with the 350D, sorry if im showing too many photos!


384657_232833916778983_100001571292059_668048_1288853317_n.jpg

299584_232794320116276_100001571292059_667974_1760441776_n.jpg

313650_202177889844586_100001571292059_558295_1100464_n.jpg

321516_200627743332934_100001571292059_553963_7068228_n.jpg
 
I love three and four, the colors are great :) of Doms post.
 
I love three and four, the colors are great :) of Doms post.

Thanks!

This was before i discovered photoshop too! unfortunately I no longer have the RAW files to mess around with.

Also #4 was light painting with my cell phone,
 
I'll through a few in from the old sigma!

Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 - the old version not even the APO edition!

3235309046_99ff9e7e5e_z.jpg


3235298748_58ca10524a_z.jpg


3229220189_31c915806a_z.jpg
 
Here's mine. Taken with my Minolta 35-70 f/4, mounted on my Sony A-100. I acquired this lens for probably about $3. I paid $50 for a large bit of camera gear (two cameras, several lenses, a bag, filters, etc). That was a good deal, but the lens itself was cheap when it was made in ~1985. It was the kit lens for the Minolta Maxxum 7000.

Anyway, here's the pic.

FlowerMacro.jpg
 
50mm 1.4 on a t2i

2011_04_19_259-Edit.jpg
 
^ Where'd you get a picture of my cat? lol That's awesome...looks just like my Laser.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom