Not your normal 16

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thought to show a little more of what this lens can do (wide open) if you slow down and consider the wide range of looks it can produce. All shot with X-Pro 2, 16mm f1.4. The hard thing about is pre-visualizing the composition. I purposely choose to give myself a little more background and crop for final vision. Fujifilm had some bright minds in the design of this glass.

1. Bubblegum. f/1.4 @ 1/600s, ISO 400, spot. Custom Astia soft simulation
Bubblegum.jpg

2. Calm Chrome. f/1.4 @ 1/2200s, ISO 400, spot. Custom chrome simulation.
Calm Chrome.jpg

3. Amethyst Earth. f/1.4 @ 1/85s, ISO 200, spot. Custom Velvia simulation
Amethyst Earth.jpg

4. Earth Wind & Fire. f/1.4 @ 1/1300s, ISO 400, spot. Custom Chrome simulation
Earth Wind & Fire.jpg

These are neat photos, indeed. I'm wondering though, how does the rendering of the lens change when stopped down to f/2 and to f/2.8? Judging from how high the contrast seems to be in these f/1.4 shots, I have this feeling that at f/2 the contrast and resolving power of this lens skyrockets, and that at f/2.8 it's like world-class. Most f/1.4 lenses have an all-over [entire image height and width] veiling glare, as it is called (slightly lowered contrast,slightly low resolving power) and then get better and better as the aperture is closed down one, then two, then three stops.

Anyway...neat close-up florals. And...OMG...a 16mm f/1.4 lens!!! Wowza! What da' heck!!! Man....that's crazy! My,my,my how far we have come! Sixteen millimerers, and f/One-point-four!!! I can barely grasp that lens speed at such a short focal length.

I am really interested in seeing more from this lens. 1.5x sensor + 16mm FOV/focal length + Blinding lens speed = massive creative potential.

These are neat photos, indeed. I'm wondering though, how does the rendering of the lens change when stopped down to f/2 and to f/2.8? Judging from how high the contrast seems to be in these f/1.4 shots, I have this feeling that at f/2 the contrast and resolving power of this lens skyrockets, and that at f/2.8 it's like world-class. Most f/1.4 lenses have an all-over [entire image height and width] veiling glare, as it is called (slightly lowered contrast,slightly low resolving power) and then get better and better as the aperture is closed down one, then two, then three stops.

Anyway...neat close-up florals. And...OMG...a 16mm f/1.4 lens!!! Wowza! What da' heck!!! Man....that's crazy! My,my,my how far we have come! Sixteen millimerers, and f/One-point-four!!! I can barely grasp that lens speed at such a short focal length.

I am really interested in seeing more from this lens.
I posted one stopped down early today, Magic 16, Magic 16.

Thanks Derrel.

The purpose here was to show the render wide open. I really like the dream OOF. Close focus distance is an astounding 5.91". Bump up the ISO and get painterly effects. Lanscapes at f/16 are pretty incredible. When I shoot street, I put it at f/4, pull the clutch back for manual focus and zone it all day long. The zone marks are clearly marked which is fabulous.

Here is one from last night at f/16. First time doing something like this.
= I Spy a=
Black & White night shot, last page

Last edited:
@jcdeboever Love The 1st Shot....

I need to buy the 16mm f/1.4, still...but I just bought another camera (deal came out of the sky, I couldn't refuse) so it's going to have to wait... lol

Hope you are having a good day!

Cheers to all!,,

Enezdez

@jcdeboever Love The 1st Shot....

I need buy the 16mm f/1.4, still...but I just bought another camera (deal came out of the sky, I couldn't refuse) so it's going to have to wait... lol

Hope you are having a good day!

Cheers to all!,,

Enezdez
Thanks bud. Best lens I got.

For me, #2 rules this set. I have a Lensbaby Velvet 56 that should be waiting for me when I get home tonight. I will have the next 3 days to play with it and I hope to get some nice as yours.

Last edited:
Nice shots. Loving #1

I was hoping you guys can give me some advice regarding...i just got last week the D850 gripped (love it)...so I was thinking of selling the D750 gripped...If I did so...I would have enough money for the Fuji 16 F/1.4 (currently I am leaning toward doing this).

Good idea or just plain stupid...

if i keep it my other idea in to convert it to IR but that may be the dumbest of them all lol...I really like @jcdeboever the magical Fuji 16 though...

Please chime in & thanks!!!

Enezdez

I was hoping you guys can give me some advice regarding...i just got last week the D850 gripped (love it)...so I was thinking of selling the D750 gripped...If I did so...I would have enough money for the Fuji 16 F/1.4 (currently I am leaning toward doing this).

if i keep it my other idea in to convert it to IR but that may be the dumbest of them all lol...I really like @jcdeboever the magical Fuji 16 though...

Enezdez
It is the best lens on the planet. I have no idea if it works as Magilcally on on Nik ok n. I suppose it would in manual mode. Is their s Fuji x to Nikon F adapter?

Last edited:
Great shots! That lens really does open up possibilities!

I’m exploring the same type of photos with my 20 1.8 on full frame... it’s a totally different style of shooting.

Can’t wait to get it out for some Astro work when the weather allows.

Enezdez
It is the best lens on the planet. I have no idea if it works as Magilcally on on Nik ok n. I suppose it would in manual mode. Is their s Fuji x to Nikon F adapter?

No I want to buy it for my little X Pro 2 lol

Enezdez

No I want to buy it for my little X Pro 2 lol
That's right, forgot you bought that

Most reactions

New Topics

Back