Note to self and all other xsi users...

JeffieLove

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ISO 400 is the MAX you can go ... The noise is ridiculous even at that point...

My next body (probably next year unless the xsi dies on me first) will definitely have better ISO capabilities... That will probably be my priority...

that's what I hear lol...

Lesson learned :)

Ah.... my XSI goes to 1600, and the noise is extremely acceptable at that.... You are talking Canon, right ?

canon is the only one that makes an xsi ;)

IDK, I shot an engagement session at ISO 400 today and I can barely get rid of the noise enough on the people for it to be acceptable. I'm going to have to hope that they don't print anything larger than 8x10 or so... I already wrote myself a note to put the ISO back down to 100...

It depends also on the scene. On dark areas noise is more evident. This is at ISO800.
However, also my next body will have better high ISO.

Ah.... my XSI goes to 1600, and the noise is extremely acceptable at that.... You are talking Canon, right ?
Acceptable is a matter of opinion. What most people accept is what I toss out the window for the most part, of what ive seen.

That's the issue that drove me from my XT to the T2i. Ridiculous difference.

You must have under exposed because i still use my 1Dmk1 for shooting and printing on site and it is one of the worst canon's at handling high iso and i shoot at iso 1600
here's iso1600 from a 1Dmk1 so i would say its user error
447804847_rjXe8-L.jpg

Noise is bad only if you crop it OR if you are underexposed. 800 ISO that is underexposed is way worse than 3200 that are exposed correctly. Lets see the uncropped photos you were talking about SOOC.

I didn't really notice it until I zoomed in on them to check my focus on the eyes, but here are some soocs :)

5481750063_8545d2f482_b.jpg

5482346662_d0f1ee4b85_b.jpg

5482345996_c32a5a4ccb_b.jpg

Looks good to me. Don't be afraid pushing the ISO but don't crop it very much.

I think I'm just going to add a smidge of noise reduction in LR... Maybe 20 on the luminance and leave the detail at 50...

The only one of these that really needs to be cropped is the one of them in the tree... I need to crop at the middle of their thighs instead of their knees and I'm going to crop some of the sky out...

Yep, all 3 of those are underexposed. #2 is under exposed the least.

All 3 would have benefited greatly from some supplemental lighting on the couple for separation.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back