Now that the D3100 has been released, D90 replacement!

I know! I'm totally looking forward to see how Nikon defies the laws of physics with this new 16.2MP sensor!

Nikon won't -- much like Canon hasn't been able to. I fully expect the D7000 to have a fair amount of in-camera filtering to deal with noise, which will reduce image detail at high ISO. It'll probably still be slightly better than the Canon 7D and 60D in this respect though (which have a couple more mp even over the 16mp of the D7000 sensor and is likely in a generation older silicon technology).

Then again, what choice does Nikon have? You've got Canon pushing megapixels like it's the only thing that matters and the company that spends the most on marketing is the one that sets (in this case skews) customer expectations.

damnn i hate not having the lastest thing around!!

im kidding, i just hope they have a replacement for the d700 so i can grab one for cheap !

The 11 the D90 has is extremely limiting.
Mark
Which bodies have you used with more than 11 focus points?

More focus points won't help much if, like the D3100, the D90 replacement still has the Multi-CAM 1000 AF module and only 1 cross-type focus point.

I wonder if the rumored specs have any basis in fact. Some of you are talking about them as if they were officially released by Nikon.

They aren't.

I know! I'm totally looking forward to see how Nikon defies the laws of physics with this new 16.2MP sensor!
Then again, what choice does Nikon have? You've got Canon pushing megapixels like it's the only thing that matters and the company that spends the most on marketing is the one that sets (in this case skews) customer expectations.

This is so unfortunate, but true...

Pics of D7000, SB-700, 35mm f/1.4 and 200mm f/2 on Nikon Rumors

nikon-d7000.jpg

Less than a half of a a day until the calendar turns to Sept 15 somewhere in the world,and Nikon makes an announcement...or two...photkina is set to open the 21st...

The SB-700 looks quite nice. What does U1 and U2 mean on the D7000, though?

Mark

Perhaps User-defined shooting modes? Kind of like Canon's C1, C2, etc.

looks like a sweet camera...

a 35mm 1.4 would be awesome :D

Are those actual product pictures for sure? It looks like the d7000 has a lock for live view which will be nice(I hit LV instead of AE-L all the time) and a second dial under the main dial on the top left(S, CL, CH, etc) for shooting speeds. Tha would leave a button open near the shutter for something else. I noticed the rings for a neck strap are turned vertical which will also be nicer. These are nice improvements and we haven't even got into specs yet.

the 60D was a disappointment no doubt, and in many ways a downgrade. It's a rebel with an extra control wheel and a swivel screen. The D7000 at least is going to be a major upgrade to the D90.

Most reactions

Back