Now thats a pizza!!!

bnz506

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want a slice just to say I spent 125 dollar on a slice of pizza.

Theres a video here:
http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/15/news/funny/pizza.reut/index.htm?eref=rss_topstories
$1,000 pizza pie? That's amorè!
New York restaurateur offers luxury pie complete with caviar and lobster - 1 sold so far.

March 15 2007: 4:51 PM EDT

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- A New York restaurateur has cooked up the world's most extravagant pizza - a $1,000 pie topped with six kinds of caviar and fresh lobster.
Nino Selimaj, who runs six pizza restaurants in the Big Apple, on Wednesday unveiled the Luxury Pizza, a 12-inch thin crust topped with caviar, lobster, creme fraiche and chives. Cut into eight, it works out at $125 a slice.

"I know this won't be for everyone but there are people in New York who can afford it and once tried, they'll be back for more. It is delicious," said Selimaj, who moved to New York from Albania about 29 years ago.
"Sure, some people will say it is just a publicity stunt, but I have researched this for over a year and think there is a demand. I have already sold one," he told Reuters.
Selimaj said Nino's Bellissima in Manhattan, the only one of his restaurants to offer the dish, needs 24 hours notice for the gourmet dish because it orders the caviar in advance.
"But where better to experiment with pizza than in New York where people love their pizza?" he asked.

If diners are still hungry after the Luxury Pizza, they can always head over to nearby restaurant Serendipity, which sells a $1,000 ice-cream sundae called Golden Opulence that is covered in 23-karat edible gold leaf.

I'm sure there are some bands/artists that would love to put this on their rider...'my dressing room will be supplied with 2 lbs of M&M's (red ones picked out) and one 'luxury pizza' from Nino Selimaj

:lol:

I guess ill start putting away $83.40 per month and ill be able to get a pie next year to try it out.

YUP IVE DECIDED I will start doing it next month hopefully they still have that on the menu next year ill take a lot of pictures when I get it.

Maybe if I find a 2nd, 3rd or 4th person at school to split the pie with me, save me some money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back