NYC underground series... would like some critique (:

jope88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm starting a series about performers in the subways of NYC. these are three images I've worked on so far (however I'm always messing around with this and that). I would like to know what you guys think so far. I'm trying my best to make the performers pop out of the image without making it too overbearing. any suggestions and critique would be greatly appreciated!

1. the jazzman
3.jpg

2. the flutist
2.jpg

3. the ballerina
1.jpg

Awww, the ballerina photo is so cute, and it is interesting because we have to look for her - she's not to be seen at very first sight! That is the aspect I quite like here - for a change. I would usually adhere to the idea of "make your subject the only subject" and so on, but here it works perfectly fine to have her "in context", and to thus show how small the "ballerina" still is :D.

Nice series ... haven't others said it was going to become prohibited to take photos in the NY subways?

cool theme, I like them a lot. #1 is a bit dark and all his junk makes it difficult to figure out what i'm supposed to look at...perhaps an even longer exposure to make the other people blur more would have helped. Very nice work!

Awww, the ballerina photo is so cute, and it is interesting because we have to look for her - she's not to be seen at very first sight! That is the aspect I quite like here - for a change. I would usually adhere to the idea of "make your subject the only subject" and so on, but here it works perfectly fine to have her "in context", and to thus show how small the "ballerina" still is :D.

Nice series ... haven't others said it was going to become prohibited to take photos in the NY subways?

thank you for your comment :) and I think I remember hearing something that like that; but you can see people take photos everyday in the subway, atleast of performers..so I guess its not really enforced x_x

cool theme, I like them a lot. #1 is a bit dark and all his junk makes it difficult to figure out what i'm supposed to look at...perhaps an even longer exposure to make the other people blur more would have helped. Very nice work!

thank you :D; now that you mention it all his things make it quite hard for him to stand out.. I will try and fix that

Most reactions

New Topics

Back