What's new

Oakburn Barn

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p1096059498-4.jpg



EDIT – ADDED CROPPED VERSION:

p1100310176-4.jpg
 
Last edited:
I was thinking of a full foreground of just one type of grass, but this picture is more interesting. Excellent.
 
I'm "dealing w/ it", but I still don't like all the dead space in the front.
 
I'm "dealing w/ it", but I still don't like all the dead space in the front.
Thanks for the subtle correction ;) I think you'll have to keep dealing with it because what I'm planning on reducing is the sky, not the foreground. We'll see. Thanks again for the feedback (and thanks FanBoy too).
 
I keep seeing skies like this. Was it actually like that, or did you do long exposure (i don't think so ...) or post processing?
 
how do you do get so much depth like that? i love it
 
Based on the comments received on this and the other thread (on the B&W Gallery), I've just added a cropped version to the original post. Thanks everybody once again for the feedback. I like the new version MUCH better here on the forum. I still prefer the original version when viewing the image big, though.

I keep seeing skies like this. Was it actually like that, or did you do long exposure (i don't think so ...) or post processing?
The sky was exactly as you see it. The only thing I did was to darken the blue a bit.

how do you do get so much depth like that? i love it
Thanks :) I simply used a fairly small aperture (f/14) and focus about one third into the frame.

Thanks for the comments, guys.
 
I like the second one the best. Your crop from the first one has placed the barn on the right, upper third, which is compositionally better IMO. Getting rid of the space in the vegetation behind and to the right of the barn also removes a distraction - the viewer's eye goes to things like this, primarily because of the contrast between the row of vegetation and the much lighter "blank space". Also, the reduction in the amount of the sky helps to place more emphasis compositionally on the foreground and the "leading lines" that tend to take the viewer's eyes right to the barn and keep them in the image.

WesternGuy
 
I like the second one the best. Your crop from the first one has placed the barn on the right, upper third, which is compositionally better IMO. Getting rid of the space in the vegetation behind and to the right of the barn also removes a distraction - the viewer's eye goes to things like this, primarily because of the contrast between the row of vegetation and the much lighter "blank space". Also, the reduction in the amount of the sky helps to place more emphasis compositionally on the foreground and the "leading lines" that tend to take the viewer's eyes right to the barn and keep them in the image.

WesternGuy
Thank you, sir.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom