What's new

Off Highway Highway

unpopular

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
9,504
Reaction score
2,004
Location
Montana
Let me know your thoughts :)

7705009224_80a1042614_b.jpg
 
Nice study of shadows, geometry and lines. I like it as is, perhaps some more contrast would help give it some more pop and separation? It looks a little washed out.
 
Thank you for your feedback. I tend to be quite conservative with contrast, I don't like "punchy". But at the same time "washed out" isn't what I'm after either. I'll see if I can add a little more local contrast to try to emphasize shadow and line.
 
Try with BW ... In my opinion could work. But anyway let me say these is really great image.
 
I tried in b/w, I didn't like it. The blue sky against the yellow/brown dirt is something I like in these. Going to work on contrast. BRB.
 
I really didn't want to push the contrast too far on this one, so the change is subtle, mostly in the distant hills:

$Highway-Contrast.webp
 
Well, you should make it the way you want it to look. It's a very nice shot. I'd tend to agree that a bit more contrast would be better. But I tend to like things a little punchier in my own work. To each his own. It's your vision that counts after all.
 
It's cool. Most people would agree. But I've always preferred low contrast for color, I shot a lot of Sensia and NPS for this reason. I did play with the contrast a bit, and keep coming back to something similar to what I started with.

But I do appreciate the input.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom