Oh crap.

Maybe when you're out taking your test shots you will drop your camera in the water and wont have to worry about any of it!

Thanks for the advice guys but To be honest, although I am nervous about it, I am excited for the opportunity to do something so unique. I did explain to her everything I have mentioned here and I will be doing the practice shoot later today weather permitting. If everything goes well then I will not turn her down, she knows what she is getting into and this will be my wedding gift to her. I am not going to charge anything over what I have to pay for prints/ rental equipment.

Now, can someone please help this poor girl by giving me some advice on wedding photography? I have been looking through countless albums and am getting a good idea on what needs to be done. I also asked my partner (also a decent photographer) to come and help me with this. My plan so far is to take the s90 ad water proof case into the water with me and to have my partner on the bank with my d80 and 300mm lens. The reception photos should not be a problem and group shots will be done before the wedding and again after the wedding on dry land- I had this image of everyone in the same pose & position dry and then soaking wet right after the wedding. I was thinking that immediately after that I could do a trash the dress style shoot under the water in the cave opening (see image below). If for whatever reason I decide to bring my nikon into the water, I will use a soft bottomed raft to hold the camera over so that if I slip, the camera will fall into the raft (in theory), if it is ruined then I will have a back up d40 and she is willing to pay the $700 to replace it.

Site of the trash the dress shoot as taken with the s90 that I will be using.
(that is the groom-to-be in the photo)
IMG_0607.jpg

If you just want wedding tips, search for Wedding. Its surely not the first time this has came up. And as far as weddings I am sure not many in here have done a wedding in the water. As far as "normal" weddings go....those shots don't really apply for this ceremony.

Start looking for images.

Google images "wedding in water"

Most reactions

Back