Okay, I need LOTS of help!

SirHyena

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, everyone! This is my first post on this site. I hope to learn a lot and probably stay a while!

So, I have a photography class, and I really don't understand anything...I have my first project soon. I have a Minolta x-370, and I really have no idea how to use it. Firstly, the ISO settings, is that for me to change to fit to the film I have? Also, How do I change shutter speed and aperture? My lens is a Ozunon 35-75mm. So is it still technically 50mm? That is what is required for the class...If someone can give me a basic walk through of film photography, and what I really need to know, I would really appreciate it..

You must set the ISO manually.

Shutter speed and aperture can be set manually or in Aperture Priority. You set the aperture, the camera sets the shutter speed.

Your lens does have 50mm in it's range.

You can download the camera manual here.

First: Minolta X-370 instruction manual user manual PDF manual free manuals
Read that.
Second: Camera Terms and Acronyms for Dummies Photography Forum
Read this also: Focal Length Understanding Camera Zoom Lens Focal Length Nikon from Nikon

Look at film.
Set camera ISO dial to equal film.
If you read the second link, then you will see that the lens does cover 50mm ... though technically when we say "a 50mm lens" we are usually referring to a fixed focal length 50mm lens otherwise known as the "normal" lens.

... and you should pay more attention in class ... or the drop the class because the teacher sucks.

reading will not kill anybody. Read. If the teacher sucks try another one:
camera
Roger Hicks is good.
But, how did you get into photography classes ?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back