Old Barn

Love old barns!

I really like old barns, particularly the ones that have been abandoned and are suffering from the abandonment - any of those around. This one looks like it is still being used. Nevertheless, this is a nice image. Would be nicer if there was some sunlight on the dark side, but maybe that is not possible. Also, it would be nice to see the entire building as the bottom part has been cut off by the grassy hill between you and the barn.

WesternGuy

Very nice. There are a ton around me too but people shoot at you when you go on their property.

Thank you all for the comments.
WesternGuy, yes there are many neglected barns around here. They are beautiful and also kind of sad to see. Here in the Pacific Northwest once the roof goes they don't last long. Rot and the occasional 70 mph wind storm does them in. I'll keep posting photos of them as I progress. Your comment on the bottom of the building needing to be there is spot on. I'll keep that in mind next time I shoot it. I might be able to get high enough shooting from my van, or I might bring a ladder. Catching it in the sun is also a good idea. It might be possible at the height of summer as that side faces north. Maybe late afternoon. I'll keep that in mind.
Jcdeboever, believe me I do keep that in mind as I go around shooting photos and am very mindful not to trespass without permission. Partly because I don't want them mad at me as I'd like to see the inside of the barns! Ha!

Old barns are on the top of my list of favorite things to shoot. Nice image.

Dave

Most reactions

Back