Old Farm House CC Welcomed

thenikonguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres a photo I took of an old barn down the road from my house.. I didn't really think to much of the photo at first, mainly because it was raining when I took it, so I figured it wouldnt turn out.. the sky was really weird too...a little bit of processing later, I'm quite happy with it.

I know when you look at the grass, you will think the horizon is off, but its not.. it went down hill.. if you look at the barn, it is very straight..

some pretty basic edits.. BW conversion.. clarity boost in LR.. thats really about it..

is it too dark?

20090806-tm13uis92g19t3w773pbfkc5sw.jpg

The only things I can pick out right away is the barn looks slightly out of focus,the picture as a whole seems a little too dark and the sky looks odd, smeared almost. Other than that, I like it.

I like the shot. Has a very old timey feel to it. Try adding some noise to the shot and see how it looks. It might give it an old film grain look. It also might look like crap. :p Sorry about the nitpick, but (looking at the barn, not the grass) it is still slightly tilted down on the right side. Run your straightening tool across the top of the barn and see what happens.

I think the pic would be more interesting if more of the end on the right was included but that may have been precluded by trespassing. If a more isometric view then you need to bump up the shadow side of the barn. That barn is a nice subject for experimenting.

What's going on above the trees and hill? Looks funny...like a smudge tool was used.

This is a bit too dark for my liking, the detail has been lost in the trees. I'd also have preferred to see the barn shot at more of an angle to include some of the end.

thanks for the input everyone!

unfortunatly the sky is natural... like i said in my OP, it was really weird.. I'll see if i can make it look a little nicer though... (smooth out the weird looking bits that look like smudges) I'm going to straighten it up (i see where its still slanted a hair) and add some fill to the trees, which i think will brighten up the whole pic some..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back