What's new

Old Merc with Leaves - Didn't turn out as great as I hoped.

runnah

Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Oct 16, 2012
Messages
14,632
Reaction score
7,563
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have no lofty title for these. But I was hoping these would have popped more and they just didn't work. I did try to reproduce a "Kodachrome-ish" effect

Any suggestions on how to improve?

$merc4.webp
#1.
$merc3.webp
#2.
$merc2.webp
#3.
$merc1.webp
#4.

All 35mm, 1.8f, various ISO and exposures.
 
Everything appears to have reflected the color of the gray sky. Im new to photography so I'm sure others will chime in, but lighting looks to be the issue to me. Just looks like the grey mono-tone sky made the images really flat in color. Try them in black and white and mess with fill light and shadow.
 
Sorting the WB might help for a start...unless you want that daylight filmic look regardless.
Try using layer masks (multiply/screen modes) to add localised adjustments. e.g..you could brighten up the floor/car whilst also keeping the sky/treetops cool.

I have no lofty title for these. But I was hoping these would have popped more and they just didn't work. I did try to reproduce a "Kodachrome-ish" effect

Any suggestions on how to improve?

View attachment 24747
#1.
View attachment 24748
#2.
View attachment 24749
#3.
View attachment 24750
#4.

All 35mm, 1.8f, various ISO and exposures.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
The colors went to hell after uploading on here. Imagine much more vivid colors on the ones posted above.

Here are they in BW, which look better?

$mercBW4.webp$mercBW3.webp$mercBW2.webp$mercBW1.webp
 
Last edited:
I don't think the point of a B/W image is to imagine the colors, and a 'more vivid' B/W is still just B/W. Or is my tiny fly-brain being silly again?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #6
I don't think the point of a B/W image is to imagine the colors, and a 'more vivid' B/W is still just B/W. Or is my tiny fly-brain being silly again?

Sorry I wasn't clear. I've edited the post to make more sense.
 
#4 seems to me the best of the sequence, either colour or B&W. The others less well framed imo.
 
Nothing is really doing it for me, sorry but they look like photos you find in used car magazine. Photo number 4 is ok in colour, but looks better in monochrome. The rest there is just nothing to drag my attention in to the photo.
 
there is a blue cast, i feel... The location demands a brand new car there.... ;)

I tried to remove the blue .... :D

 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom