What's new

Old ship

Alex06

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 4, 2006
Messages
533
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern California
boat0002-oldcopy.jpg


Tried to go for an old fashioned look for this old ship.
 
nice, wuld be better if the top wasnt cut off, and had a little space over the top of the mast
 
This looks pretty cool. I like it. Looks kinda pirate ish...

yeah where was this arrrggghhhh...

newport beach or santa monica, arrgggg
 
What all did you do in editing this? I have a picture just like this and you've inspired me to revise it again.
 
aw, did u jsut randomly see this ship or what?

Yeah, we took a day trip to the zoo and decided to stop by the harbour for some smoked fish. They had been doing mock battle with some of the tall ships and I caught this one on it's way back home. Besides which my short range Sigma lens decided to stop working with my Canon so the long zoom is all I have for now.

Thorhammer- Yargh matey, it actually be in San Diego that this was taken!

Scrutiny1- I made a couple different layers with B&W and sepia and played with the opacity. Also added grain for more of an old timey feeling.

Thanks for the comments everyone.:D
 
Well, the mast cut off is a bit of a downer on this otherwise really nice photo with its equally nicely done post procession work.
 
to be honest I don't mind the mast being cut off, it still makes a good photo and the toning works well

Q. Why are Pirates called Pirates?
















A. Because they Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom