Oly PEN m43 In-camera Art Filters

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just beginning to play with this feature, mostly for S&Gs.

I walked past the kitchen window and saw this incredible light not too long after another rain shower today. Quickly ran to grab the camera. The sun was setting and I metered/focused on the sky. I got about 20 seconds worth of light before the clouds took over. "Dramatic" art filter used.
i-hNSMLTw-XL.jpg

I'll post the RAW file later for comparisons.

As I get adequate images, I'll keep posting the different filters here.

cool man.. I just conviced my mom to buy the point and shoot Oly X-Z1. It has that feature too.. pretty cool.

Nice!

I've been having fun with them on the E-PL1 as well... Never thought I would ever shoot JPEG straight out (for less serious stuff) but the Olympus firmware does produce great JPEGs. I've always thought the marketing folks should work the "A laid back and fun approach to photography" (or similar, I'm no marketing guy) angle in their ads.

Glad to see you having fun with the new camera. Its a bit different experience from being behind the SLR.

Nice!

I've been having fun with them on the E-PL1 as well... Never thought I would ever shoot JPEG straight out (for less serious stuff) but the Olympus firmware does produce great JPEGs. I've always thought the marketing folks should work the "A laid back and fun approach to photography" (or similar, I'm no marketing guy) angle in their ads.

Glad to see you having fun with the new camera. Its a bit different experience from being behind the SLR.
Yeah, I know. The jpegs are amazingly good SOOC. ATM, I still shooting RAW+LJPEG, but I can definitely see some of those "capture the moment" events will go straight to jpeg.

Have you seen the latest PEN marketing campaign? Clicky

I like the "anythingbutordinary"

but

not sure I like the "The Pen looks like it came from your Dad". Definitely wouldn't work in the Japanese market. It doesn't say better than those compacts but more enjoyable than those DSLRs... etc.. The anythingbutordinary term does hint towards an emerging new class of camera... but its not obvious.

I do like the photo of the camera kinda reminds me of the old ads (Leica M and Olympus Pen).... people don't quite get how small and capable the system really is.

did they actually include a brown leather strap with the E-P3?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back