OMG, I just discovered Adobe Lightroom 2.1

Well, I have to be the one dissenting voice.. I hate the way Lightroom uses import and export.. How stupid.. What's wrong with the standard (for years now) of open and close... Lightroom forces you to have duplicates all over the place.. That's why I don't use it.

With every other porgram you have the "save" and "save as" option if you want to save the edited different from the original, but you can just close the programs and it prompts you to save or quit without saving.. Import and export just drives me nuts.

Well, I have to be the one dissenting voice.. I hate the way Lightroom uses import and export.. How stupid.. What's wrong with the standard (for years now) of open and close... Lightroom forces you to have duplicates all over the place.. That's why I don't use it.

duplicate??? you dont have to duplicate... me thinks you have your import set up wrong...

i suggest you check out the podcast i suggested in my original reply to this thread.. it taught me a LOT about how to properly use Lightroom

I bookmarked it with the intention of perusing it as soon as I read your post..

dang all of yall use fancy programs....

1) canon digital photo professional (provided w/ the camera)
2) gimp 2.6
3) photomatix pro 3 trial

Aperture, CS4.

i have aperture as well.. but its not as good as LR 2.1 i gave them BOTH a good long chance before i made my choice...

and yes, CS4... not a whole lot different from cs3.. interface is the biggest one (still getting use to the difference there) but cs3 is good too.

dang all of yall use fancy programs....

1) canon digital photo professional (provided w/ the camera)
2) gimp 2.6
3) photomatix pro 3 trial

as the old saying goes "if it aint broke, dont fix it" if those programs work for you and your work flow, why change it? gimp is a great program, and hey, if gimp does everything you need it to do, you saved the $1000 that those (who bought) photoshop didn't save

Funny thing-Adobe makes both Photoshop and Lightroom, but in one they call it filters, and in the other they call it presets.... No wonder photography is so confusing..

The presets and filters are really different-- not much alike at all actually, so it makes sense that they would have different names.

I have CS4 and Lightroom 2 and I think that I haven't discovered how Lightroom can be used yet. I use photoshop for all of my editing currently, and import and manage photos with Lightroom.

Most reactions

Back