Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just getting ready to leave.
Have made lots of lists, done lots of chores and still antsy.

Went back through my Laos pictures and thought I'd post some of the not-so-good ones just for interest sake.

The toll on this incredibly shaky bridge was about .25 so most drivers just cross the shallow river. They maneuver from sandbar to sandbar.
G_VV_00035.jpg

this is in a totally crappy town oriented towards low end backpacker tourists who smoke weed and drink and tube all day.
G_VV_00047.jpg

This is a crossroads town in the mountains, near nothing, with nothing except a place where buses stop and passengers change. In 2007, Laos had 2000 miles of paved road in the entire country.
G_VV_00078.jpg

Children work at splitting fronds to lay them out to dry to make frond roofs for houses
G_VV_00081.jpg

stink-eye in any language
G_VV_00082.jpg

typical Lao tuk-tuk made with motorcycle bits
H_VT_00097.jpg

keeper of carts in marketplace in Vientianne
H_VT_00114-Edit.jpg

Making faces at the farang (that's me.) Farang is thai/lao for any westerner.
H_VT_00174-Edit.jpg

G_VV_00054.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Lew. Safe trip. We're always ready to be given the world tour to far-away places.

Have fun lew, safe trip to of course. And lots of fun taking photos!

Except for actually stuffing stuff in the suitcase and pack, I'm ready to go.
I've never been this early before, I don't leave until Tuesday evening, but I want to fill up the next 3 days with usefless stuff that I don't have to think about.
I'm taking almost 200 GB in cards and a backup hard drive.

Love the stink eye shot. Your caption is perfect. Safe journey! Can't wait to see your photos from the trip. Any plans to blog or post from the road?

Be safe Lew. Pack plenty of film and don't forget to take the lens cap off before pressing that little button thingy.:encouragement:

Have all the film I need and have prepared for the lens cap and button thingy by throwing away the lens cap (using 2 uv filters for extra protection) and taping the button down.
Got all angles covered.

Last three are actually great shots. I really like the carts keeper. Have safe trip Lew.

The carts keeper was my favorite of the set. Nice job.

Lew... don't forget to have some FUN along the way! It'll do you good :D

:bouncingsmileys:

Most reactions

Back