One of my b&w pics

Stv429

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
One of my pics during the photographic course i am currently attending. Was included in an exibition. Any comments are greatly appriciated. This is with my fuji finepix as I' m goingfor a nikon dslr at the end of the course

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Attachments

• $image-3752385378.jpg
    $image-3752385378.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 143
This is sort of a classic B&W scene, lots of texture, lots of front-to-back imagery, imbalance between left and right.
At this size it is hard to tell if you are holding the detail in the brightest sections, which is crucial because that is where the viewers' eyes are going.

All that being said, it is well done but not memorable in that it is a visual cliche; there is nothing new or exciting just a good representation of a familiar scene.

Last edited:
Well done!

It is familiar, yes, but it's a fine example of the cliche and, in this day and age, it's extremely hard to make a photograph that isn't "pretty familiar" so I am loathe to count that against you.

I'm in the middle on the cliche aspect - it is a familiar type of shot, but on the other hand they are always a little different. This one is good enough as far as composition, but my problem with it is the lack of midtones in a scene which should have some. Yes, the light is contrasty, but there are some areas that should come out of the shadows more than they do. I agree with Lew about the highlights - they seem to lack detail as far as I can see.

You are all right and have to work harder on photoshop as to get the photo more viviant. Thanks

And btw. Remember that its with a small camera fuji s1800

Most reactions

New Topics

Back