One of my favourite subjects.

double5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
A few of my favourite subject, sport (mainly athletics).

3000m track race
Sport%202.jpg

Rugby line out
Sport%203.jpg

Cross country race
Sport%204.jpg

3000 track race (steeplechase)
LIA001.jpg

3000 track race (steeplechase)
Waterjump.jpg

400m start
400%20Start.jpg

20 mile road race
Ashby%2020%20768.jpg

very nice stuff. i really enjoyed the one with the water splash and the photographer laying on the ground behind her. from the angle its hard to tell, but it looks like the water is going right for his poor camera and that lovely 'L' lens he has on there hehe! :D

Yeah, nice set of images...what are you doing in the Beginners' Forum?

Thank you both for the comments.

Yeah, nice set of images...what are you doing in the Beginners' Forum?

I am still very much a beginner at photography, I am very comfortable shooting Sports, but I am not so comfortable with subjects outside this area.

I'm sorry, I don't find these images to be very flattering to the subjects.

im not really sure what "flattering" could be with someone running, jumping, sweating, etc. i find these shots of people doing something they love, and capturing the struggle with themselves and against their competition quite powerful on their own. in that regard he pulled it off very wonderfully.

I like these! I've tried taking good action shots and just can't pull it off!! Mine are always blurry...probably becuase I don't know what I'm doing. ;)

[FONT=&quot]Ok... #4. Try to get a different angle then just straight on. Her eyes are closed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] #5. Capturing the water splashing is cool, but her eyes are closed, not a huge deal but when your capturing live sporting events you should take lots and lots of photos. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]#6. Your looking down on her too high. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]#7. He really doesn't like you taking his picture, wait for him to pass by or look for a different vantage point.[/FONT]

I'm sorry if I've offended you. If people just congratulate you, how can you learn from your mistakes ?

edit: damn font formatting issues.

Last edited:
No offence taken.

Your original comment
I'm sorry, I don't find these images to be very flattering to the subjects
did not say why or how they could be improved. Thank you for clarifying your comment and I will take on board what you said.

As I said earlier I am very much a beginner and I do appreciate all comments, both positive and negative.

Most reactions

Back