What's new

One of Oregon's many creeks...

Very nice.

I'm not very familiar with water photography. What are those white lines in the foreground water in the 2nd image? Bubbles' paths traced in long exposure?
 
First impressions: both are nice images, but I like the second one the best. For me, there is a certain peacefulness to the shot, suggesting that I would feel peaceful and relaxed sitting beside the creek in this image. If it was mine, I would be finding a frame and hanging it on my wall.

The first one is a little cluttered for me. All of the debris on the right side detracts from the image - I know you can't help it because nature put it there, but my eye goes directly to the debris before it cruises over any other part of the scene. My 0.02¢, FWIW.
_______________
WesternGuy
 
The first one is a little cluttered for me. All of the debris on the right side detracts from the image - I know you can't help it because nature put it there, but my eye goes directly to the debris before it cruises over any other part of the scene. My 0.02¢, FWIW.
_______________
WesternGuy

And I didn't even "see" the debris. My eyes went straight to the rocks visible underwater and I thought how much I'd like to go swimming there (although it's surely freezing cold). How interesting that, as individuals, our attention is drawn to very different parts of a photo.
 
Great shots. I love the water in the first one.
 
very cool.....these oregon shots look exactly like the forests I see everyday in Northern California
 
Picture #1 is a really nice composition which I think could be improved by using that rotting tree on the right more effectively, and cropping away some of the far left which isn't nearly as interesting. I would have also used that background bridge as the top of the composition that both helps frame the image, and creates a tighter composition.

Picture #2 lacks a strong foreground to led us into the photograph. Also those white streaks in the water are very distracting. Do you have any idea of what they are?
 
Thanks for the feedback!

My intent in #1 was to work on creating depth in an image. When you see these places in real life it's very difficult to capture the same feeling you get seeing it in only two dimensions. I wanted an image where you could look through it and try to pick up subtitle details all over. Starting in the bottom right with the rock and small plants to the water and log then over to the left along the bank then down the creek to the bridge. I think the log provides an essential color
contrast against the all the greens and grays. My intent was not for it to be the subject.

I think the streaks in the second one are either leaves or bubbles... The foreground is supposed to be the visible rock patterns under the water.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom