TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
35mm f/6.3 1/125sec ISO 100. Thanks!
d3cnkoi
greenwood_by_giulio1993-d3cnkoi.jpg

d3cnkoi

Although it's not of anything particularly interesting, the composition is good. The overhanging tree creates a nice frame and apart from the dark patch in the top right, it's pretty much properly exposed. It's just a shame there isn't a sheep or cow or something standing on the lush green grass to make for a nice photo. I think you've done well here at getting the basics right, now go apply them to something exciting!

EDIT: In fact, scrap everything I just said here. I just looked at your website and compared to some of the shots on there, this photo is garbage. PULL YOUR SOCKS UP MAN!

Agree w Forkie...the posted pic is not up to the rest of your work. While exposed correctly, it still appears as too dark to me. Not enough pop from the meadow to offset the darkness created by the tree, leaves and foreground. Maybe a cow would help :confused:. My $0.02.

I would ask yourself, "What is this a picture of?" Grass, tree, stones...what? It is not clear to me what the subject is.

I think i wanted mostly photograph the green of the tree and of the grass, but also the stone.

i have to agree with the others, i feel it lacks composition. Also, its a well done shot but lacks a subject.

I think you captured the texture and color of the grass well, but the rock has no texture because it is in flat soft lighting unlike the grass which is in directional spot lighting. Although I see you've used the tree to frame the shot, there's not really anything there to be framed in my opinion. I'd suggest losing the tree completely (why not, it's not what you stated you want to show, right?) and just get up close and personal with the wall and grass. It would be a more obvious contrast between hard, jagged, and soft, lush. Perhaps choose a time of day when the light rakes across the rock and reveals it's true texture.

Most reactions

Back