What's new

one way which way

bribrius

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
8,708
Reaction score
1,312
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
.
 
Last edited:
I might have been OK with this without the pole front an center frame.
Even without it, I'm not sure arrows pointing in opposite directions makes for a compelling visual.
The photo lacks any subject or story.
You could have moved a step or two to the right and tied up those dominant lines in a nice point.
As it is, it divides the frame in two, but we are left to ask why.
The car serves no purpose, but since there is no other subject it takes too prominent a position in the frame.
The noise reduction is a bit heavy handed as well - all the details are smeared.
I would say the bright light is a distraction, but without any other discernible subject, it's just irritating.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #3
I might have been OK with this without the pole front an center frame.
Even without it, I'm not sure arrows pointing in opposite directions makes for a compelling visual.
The photo lacks any subject or story.
You could have moved a step or two to the right and tied up those dominant lines in a nice point.
As it is, it divides the frame in two, but we are left to ask why.
The car serves no purpose, but since there is no other subject it takes too prominent a position in the frame.
The noise reduction is a bit heavy handed as well - all the details are smeared.
I would say the bright light is a distraction, but without any other discernible subject, it's just irritating.
Thankyou
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #4
I did have serious doubts over that pole being center, I was hoping it would fly since it started along the leading line of the sidewalk with the other pole, maybe emphasizing it. suppose I kind of knew it wasn't going to work. And I agree to a large extent. I have a heavy line, emphasized by large poles, separating the frame. Going to the top. A big bright light further signifying the point at the top. And not much there for a subject for all this marking and leading but opposite arrows. Thanks again, very helpful.
 
I totally get it and I think the pole in the center of the shot is absolutely essential for the shot. Genius! Consider the dichotomy in the shot. On each side of the pole you have arrows pointing against each other, driving you toward the center and yet you have a No Parking sign where the two arrows would have you come to rest. Then you have the contrast between the car on one side vs. the pedestrian sign on the other. And then there is the contrast of having the only two street lights in the shot both on the right side of the pole making a statement regarding the 'dark side' of the shot on the left. And yet there is the brightness of a building, business and success on the left side contrasted with the empty openness of relative nothing on the right side of the pole in the center of the shot. And in the middle of it all is an arm sticking off of the left side of the center pole, the center of the shot, that is intended to hold one of those bright and welcoming banners but yet is empty and not fulfilling its purpose which makes a statement about the political left.......

Oh pppppppffffffffffttttttttt.

For me it's clear and sharp, maybe a little too much for the setting. It's just kind of meh....
(It's been a long weekend, if you can't tell.)
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Banned
  • #6
I totally get it and I think the pole in the center of the shot is absolutely essential for the shot. Genius! Consider the dichotomy in the shot. On each side of the pole you have arrows pointing against each other, driving you toward the center and yet you have a No Parking sign where the two arrows would have you come to rest. Then you have the contrast between the car on one side vs. the pedestrian sign on the other. And then there is the contrast of having the only two street lights in the shot both on the right side of the pole making a statement regarding the 'dark side' of the shot on the left. And yet there is the brightness of a building, business and success on the left side contrasted with the empty openness of relative nothing on the right side of the pole in the center of the shot. And in the middle of it all is an arm sticking off of the left side of the center pole, the center of the shot, that is intended to hold one of those bright and welcoming banners but yet is empty and not fulfilling its purpose which makes a statement about the political left.......

Oh pppppppffffffffffttttttttt.

For me it's clear and sharp, maybe a little too much for the setting. It's just kind of meh....
(It's been a long weekend, if you can't tell.)
Thankyou
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom