What's new

ONE

sleist

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2009
Messages
3,872
Reaction score
2,368
Location
Somewhere in Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D90 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8

p1582866842-6.jpg


C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.
 
Great shot! Maybe get rid of the cloud?
 
Thanks!

Maybe get rid of the cloud?

You know, I initially processed this as a color shot and the cloud worked. But as a B&W - particularly with the black corner in the lower right -the cloud is out of place.
Thanks for the suggestion Mish.

Interesting how the brain gets locked in even when you think you changed your mind ...

;)
 
Yup, that's very slick.
 
Why are you confused?
 
Graphically it has big strong elements. I re-sized the browser window, so as to crop it to a very skinny, tall rectangle, and it still looked cool that way too. It doesn't really, fully, truly reach out and grab me, and slap me in the face...but it's somewhat interesting to look at. I do like the single can light underneath the bottom of the building facade. The cloud in the sky? Yeah, I think it helps to have it. I'm not sure how I feel about black skies...they have such a Red #25 filter kind of association for me...
 
Graphically it has big strong elements. I re-sized the browser window, so as to crop it to a very skinny, tall rectangle, and it still looked cool that way too. It doesn't really, fully, truly reach out and grab me, and slap me in the face...but it's somewhat interesting to look at. I do like the single can light underneath the bottom of the building facade. The cloud in the sky? Yeah, I think it helps to have it. I'm not sure how I feel about black skies...they have such a Red #25 filter kind of association for me...

Thanks Derrel. I know you aren't a fan of the deep blacks. ;)
Sometimes I'm in that mood though. It's been so severe clear lately that the shadows have been pretty deep when I've been shooting.

Thanks again for the comments folks!
 
Nice pic. I'm sorry but mishele and manaheim are making me laugh. :lol:
Just had to say it....
 
Belongs in B&W but I like it.
 
I wouldn't know haven't been here in a while. Will have to check it out would be interesting to see some film shots.
 
I like the almost surreal feel of it. The cloud works for me, but personally the light at the bottom doesn't. I think it's just too close to a plain white spot and not clearly enough a lighting fixture.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom