oo, oo! my first photo post!

fstop23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stefaniecannonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did a bit of post work in photoshop, toned down the saturation and adjusted curves...
Used my 4x5 toyo omega w/ a reflector, a long exposure, and adjusted the plane of perspective. LONG LIVE FILM!!! :lol:

holly3.jpg

All thoughts are appreciated!

view camera eh? I used one today as a matter of fact, doing some panoramicss off the pier. I'm guessing you got what you were trying to achieve, but the image is a little too dark.

In photoshop, just make sure you don't clip it. My monitor is calibrated and it looks underexposed.

Okay, this photo is a bit creepy.

I can't tell if this is a woman, a girl or a crossdresser....seriously.

There are other things that need to be fixed up but the image is really confusing.

Mike

i don't think clipping is always that big of a deal, sometimes things are white . . . but her skin is underexposed alot as switch said.

if clipping bothers you put your subject with a background and clothing that allows the skin to be properly exposed.

Okay, this photo is a bit creepy.

I can't tell if this is a woman, a girl or a crossdresser....seriously.

There are other things that need to be fixed up but the image is really confusing.

Mike

well, i don't think my intention was creepy, that's what's great about photos, interpretations are determined by the viewers. I think it's funny you can't tell if it's a woman, girl, or crossdresser. what other things (besides the exposure) do you think needs to be fixed?

i don't think clipping is always that big of a deal, sometimes things are white . . . but her skin is underexposed alot as switch said.

if clipping bothers you put your subject with a background and clothing that allows the skin to be properly exposed.
I absolutly hate clipping, you're robbing yourself of detail. Just up the levels in the image to where it gets CLOSE to clipping, and if the girl still needs to be lighter, just dodge her.

Clipping is when you completly lose detail in highlights.

Here's an example of clipping taken from another recent post here:

Notice how the middle of the dogs face is complely washed out with white with no texture or detail? you can also see it near the paws too.

buster5wk002.jpg

Not pretty is it? And even if it was in focus, the dog would still be blown out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back