• none, back to the drawing board

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

pursuer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a photo some of you may remember, it is the result of combinining multiple exposures in PS. I was never quite happy with the original, it looked to PSed to me. Im planning on getting some prints made (my very first) and would like to include this image so I reworked it. Which if any do you think will make the best print?

1. the original
t15ot.jpg

t26da.jpg

t38hf.jpg

I think #1 is the most dramatic. Great work, it should look terrific on your wall.

I wonder who were those 2 who voted "None, back to the drawing board" on this one??? I has always been one of my favourites of yours, pursuer, this one had great impact on me when I saw it first. And I must still say that the original is the best, though your changes to it were ever so subtle.

I like the first one the best but if you're going for realism I'd chose 2 then 3.
I think your problem with realism isn't the colour of the smoke, I think it's got to do with where the lights connect to the ground. That little patch of black at the bottom is what makes it look non-real for me. In the 2nd one you've actually extended the glow out over that black shadow bit which looks a bit better imo.

But this is great nonetheless!!

Thanks for the input guys, you convinced me, I think I will just tweak the origional a bit.

Cool shot, the smoke looks great. Must be an Irving refinery. I liked 2 the most has the background was darker against the smoke and I liked the tone more

Yes, it is an Irving refinery, Canada's largest actually.

Most reactions

Back