Opions about Ken Rockwells website and information

Same here. Do you need to do that on your D300 as well?

No, although I do bracket some, I find it a lot more accurate & when using the Active D-Lighting mode it nails it pretty well.

I like his site. It's a daily read for me. :)

If you're going to take his advice on which cameras or lenses to buy though, you have to make sure that your style of photography is the same as or similar enough to his that the advice is still relevant. He says this right in his multiple 'about' pages on where he's coming from and states explicitly that his site is his own opinions. People get all up in arms when he "states his opinions as facts" that they disagree with, ignoring the fact that he's already made a blanket disclaimer that his entire site is his personal opinion only. Kinda funny.

Anyhow, I agree with him on just about all of his philosophical views, but end up taking very little of his equipment recommendation advice, because my style of photography is a lot different from his. He's mainly a landscape/scenic photographer whereas 90% of my shooting is my 11 month old daughter. When I do get out I love shooting landscape/scenic style, but I have to choose my lenses based on what I do 90% of the time and not 10% of the time. I also get bad results when I set my camera up like he recommends too. Color mode III / Saturation + tends to give jacked up skin tones.

i like his work and what he does works well for him, but it would never work for me....ie the RAW vs JPEG.

i do use some of his info but i don't take it as the gospel

i really like his article 'you can afford anything', its funny and informative.
After reading this out of curiosity because ir0n_ma1den posted it........

Snyder said:
he is a ****ing moron...that my 2 cents
.....I have to absolutely agree.

Most reactions

Back