What's new

Otherworldly pier

tb2

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 16, 2006
Messages
971
Reaction score
2
When I came to process this shot taken under the Central Pier, Blackpool, the red cast of the late afternoon sun made me see it as an image from Mars as science fiction used to imagine it - the red sand, the "canals", the rusting skeleton of a decaying building from a dead civilization... Don't worry, I haven't started the Christmas punch early, but I will go and lie down now!!

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Blackpool-below-C-Pier.jpg

 
It reminds me of a landing bay from a Star Wars movie. Very cool.
 
I like this one...Great POV!!
 
very nice picture. I really like the composition and warm light.
 
Thanks for the comments on this one folks. Apart from the "otherworldly" look, I think this shot shows the field of view that you can only get with a wide angle lens. This was taken at 24mm (35mm equivalent), ideal for architecture without the extreme distortion of wider lenses setting in.

Regards, Tony
 
The sky is a tad too blue for Mars (;)), though the otherwise super-spaceship view of the pier and the red from the setting sun do help to create these associations! :D

I'm not sure my camera wouldn't already give me lens distortion at 24mm ... must try it under the aspect to see what I get ...
 
LOVELY!...the sand is good
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom