TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
sunday-driver.jpg

Very good shot - hope you got far away, quickly! They can move with terrifying speed.

Love the cypress knee and reflections!

Very good shot - hope you got far away, quickly! They can move with terrifying speed.

Love the cypress knee and reflections!
In all the years I've lived on my lake, I have never heard of a gator attacking a person...small dogs that get too close to the shore, well, that's another story. They are good swimmers, especially under water, but it is on land where they can show lightning speed. This one, only about an eight-footer eventually turned and swam directly under the boat, heading for an opposing shore.

This one, only about an eight-footer eventually turned and swam directly under the boat, heading for an opposing shore.
Depending on the size of the boat, that's fine... in a kayak or canoe on the other hand... time to get out of the water.

Great shot, very menacing!

Depending on the size of the boat, that's fine... in a kayak or canoe on the other hand... time to get out of the water.
Not at all...at least here. I guess if you went over an prodded one with a paddle, that might be a different story, but I'm pretty sure - well, somewhat sure no one's that stupid....then again...

Not at all...at least here. I guess if you went over an prodded one with a paddle, that might be a different story, but I'm pretty sure - well, somewhat sure no one's that stupid....then again...
Humanity... there's a high schooler somewhere who will do it... 🤣

Humanity... there's a high schooler somewhere who will do it... 🤣
We have a plethora of drunk rednecks here to more than make up for the silly highschoolers...the phrase, "here, hold my beer and watch this," is the local mantra. Just look at the number of people who drown at or beaches.

We have a plethora of drunk rednecks here to more than make up for the silly highschoolers...the phrase, "here, hold my beer and watch this," is the local mantra. Just look at the number of people who drown at or beaches.
Texas is the same. Lots of "rescue events" on the lake here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back